No-Knead Garlic Butter Rolls Recipe: A Must-Make Homemade Rolls Recipe by Donna John
What is it about hot, fresh-out-of-the-oven bread? Besides smelling heavenly, it tastes amazing. Instead of breadsticks or garlic bread with your next dinner, make these soft, buttery, garlicy rolls! These garlic butter rolls are not that hard to make, really.
The ingredients are simple for these homemade no-knead garlic rolls: milk, an egg, sugar, yeast, flour, salt, butter, fresh garlic and fresh parsley. The garlic butter topping is an irresistible mixture of minced garlic, fresh parsley, sugar and butter. This garlic butter rolls recipe doesn't need to be kneaded, but do allow time for it to proof and rise. You could bake these garlic rolls in a cast iron skillet or baking pan. Either way, you won't be able to stop eating them.
Prep Time: 3 to 3 1/2 hours to proof and rise
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours
- 1 cup lukewarm milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- egg wash (beaten egg with milk)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Here's how to make it:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the milk, egg, sugar and instant yeast. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Add the flour and salt and stir until a dough forms. Add the butter and mix with a spatula until well combined. Stir in the garlic and parsley. Cover with plastic wrap and let it proof for about 90 minutes to 2 hours.
- After it has proofed, put the dough onto a work surface and fold it over a few times. Form it into a log shape, cut it in half, roll and cut it into even pieces. Form each piece of dough into a ball and place on a greased baking pan. Cover and let it rise for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until it doubles in size. Uncover and brush the top with egg wash.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the bread bakes, mix together the garlic butter ingredients. Brush the tops of the baked rolls with the garlic butter.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.