Chewy Vegan Breadsticks Recipe: A Creative Breadstick Recipe Everyone Will Enjoy by 30Seconds Food
These vegan breadsticks are delicious plain, but you have the option of spreading them with a layer of vegan pesto or cashew cream before baking. Yum! If you prefer, dip the breadsticks in the pesto or cashew cream for a satisfying snack. Try them with this vegan avocado pesto pasta recipe.
Prep Time: 1 1/2 hours
Cook Time: 10 to 12 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons vegan Parmesan cheese
- vegan pesto or cashew cream (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the yeast and water in a bowl. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and salt. Stir.
- Slowly start adding the flour until a dough forms.
- Put the dough onto a floured work surface. Knead the dough for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Put the dough into a bowl that's been rubbed with olive oil. Cover and let it sit for 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
- Cut the dough in half. Roll one half of the dough out on a floured surface into a 1/4-inch thick rectangle. Place the rectangle onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- The dough can now be spread with about 3 tablespoons of vegan pesto or cashew cream, if desired. Sprinkle with the vegan Parmesan cheese. Repeat with the other half of the dough or freeze to use later.
- Bake in a preheated 450-degree F oven for about 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into breadsticks.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.