Big Ole Bill's Amazing Lasagna Recipe Has 3 Cheeses & 2 Sauces by Bill Heleine
Everyone has their own unique way to make lasagna. Ground beef, Italian sausage, white lasagna, red lasagna, skillet lasagna, pan lasagna, chicken lasagna... This is Big Old Bill's lasagna recipe: three cheeses and two sauces. Yes, two sauces!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
- 1 box (9 ounces) oven-ready or no-boil lasagna noodles (we use Barilla)
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 4 ounces shredded Parmesan
- 1 jar (24 ounces) tomato basil pasta sauce (we use Classico)
- 1 jar (16 ounces) sun-dried tomato alfredo sauce or your favorite alfredo sauce
- 2 pounds sweet Italian sausage (or half and half mix of sweet Italian and regular sausage)
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom pieces, drained
- 1 can (2.4 ounces) sliced black olives, drained
- 1 tablespoon anise seed, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
Here's how to make it:
- Mix ricotta cheese, mozzarella, eggs, spinach (drained) and half the Parmesan cheese in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a frying pan on medium heat, fry the sausage, oregano, garlic, mushrooms and anise seed. Drain. Set aside.
- In a lasagna pan, pour 1 cup of tomato basil sauce and spread around. Add 1/3 of the noodles laid flat and slightly overlapping in a row. Spread half the cheese mixture on top of that, half the olives and then add half the sausage mix. Repeat layers once again.
- Top the two layers with the remaining noodles. Pour the alfredo sauce over the top and spread evenly. Put the remaining Parmesan cheese on top, and then the rest of the olives.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 40 minutes. Remove foil and the bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
No-boil Lasagna Noodles $3 & Up
Sun-dried Tomato Alfredo Sauce $3 & Up
Mushroom Pieces $2 & Up
Black Olives $1 & Up
Anise Seed $4 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
Lasagna Pans $10
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.