5-Ingredient Creamy Cabbage Curry Recipe Is a Flavorful Side Dish or Vegetarian Main Dish by Donna John
Chicken marinated in Thai tea was on the menu, and I needed a side dish. With a head of cabbage in the refrigerator, this easy cabbage curry recipe became the vegetable of choice. But it became so much more than that! This cabbage curry will now be a vegetarian (and vegan) main dish on Meatless Monday (or Tuesday or Wednesday...). The cabbage recipe is so easy, creamy, satisfying and loaded with Indian flavor.
You can serve this easy vegan curry recipe as a side dish with your favorite protein, or over pasta, rice, quinoa, farro or grain of choice for a vegetarian main dish. This five-ingredient recipe is a keeper! When reheating, add a splash of coconut milk to loosen it up a bit.
Cuisine: Indian / American
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head green cabbage (about 2 pounds)
- 1 - 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup coconut milk
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the cabbage and cook, stirring often, until it reaches desired tenderness, 10 to 20 minutes.
- Push the cabbage to the side and add the curry powder. Let it toast for 1 minute. Stir it into the cabbage and cook about 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes. Taste and add more salt, pepper and curry powder, if needed.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.