Juicy Thai Tea Chicken Recipe: This Whole Roasted Chicken Recipe Is a Taste of Thailand by Thaiwala
If you haven’t been to Thailand but enjoy Thai food, you’ve likely seen Thai iced tea at some point. The beverage is famous for its vibrant orange hue. It’s sweet, yet holds the subdued qualities of the pandan leaf, which is slow brewed before the milk and sugars are added. When you marinate chicken in Thai tea, the result is out of this world.
Photo: Pandan leaves (pandanus amaryllifolius).
Cuisine: American / Thai
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 1/2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 (5 to 6 pounds) roasting chicken
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups Thaiwala (or as needed for size of bird)
Here's how to make it:
- Remove the chicken giblets. Rinse the chicken inside and out. Remove any excess fat and leftover pin feathers and pat the outside dry. Marinate the bird in Thaiwala, being sure to coat the cavity for at least 30 minutes. Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the chicken.
- Roast the chicken in a preheated 425-degree F oven for 1 1/2 hours, or until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and thigh. Remove the chicken cover with aluminum foil for about 20 minutes. Slice the chicken onto a platter and serve.
Photo (main): Thaiwala
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.