Creamy Avocado Pesto-Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe Is One Healthy, Delicious Bite by Food Lion
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 30 cherry tomatoes
- 2 ounces Food Lion cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- fresh basil leaves (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Cut a thin slice from the top and bottom of each tomato. Use a small spoon or small melon baller to hollow out the tomatoes. Line a baking sheet with paper towels. Arrange the tomatoes on the towels with the hollowed side facing down. Allow it to stand for 30 minutes to drain.
- Meanwhile, make the filling by combining avocado, cream cheese, pesto and lemon juice in a food processor. Cover and process until smooth. Spoon filling into a pastry bag fitted with a large plain round or open star tip for piping.
- Position tomatoes, open sides up, on a serving platter. Pipe the avocado filling into the tomato cups. Serve immediately or cover loosely and refrigerate up to 4 hours before serving. Sprinkle with cut basil and enjoy.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.