Creamy Avocado Pesto-Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe Is One Healthy, Delicious Bite by Food Lion
Fresh tomatoes and basil just scream summer. This easy avocado pesto-stuffed cherry tomatoes recipe is fresh, healthy and perfect for summer get-togethers, cookouts and potlucks.
You can use store-bought pesto or homemade pesto for this stuffed tomato recipe. Serve it as an appetizer, snack or side dish.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 30 cherry tomatoes
- 2 ounces Food Lion cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- fresh basil leaves (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Cut a thin slice from the top and bottom of each tomato. Use a small spoon or small melon baller to hollow out the tomatoes. Line a baking sheet with paper towels. Arrange the tomatoes on the towels with the hollowed side facing down. Allow it to stand for 30 minutes to drain.
- Meanwhile, make the filling by combining avocado, cream cheese, pesto and lemon juice in a food processor. Cover and process until smooth. Spoon filling into a pastry bag fitted with a large plain round or open star tip for piping.
- Position tomatoes, open sides up, on a serving platter. Pipe the avocado filling into the tomato cups. Serve immediately or cover loosely and refrigerate up to 4 hours before serving. Sprinkle with cut basil and enjoy.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Basil Pesto $3 & Up
Baking Sheets $8 & Up
Melon Ballers $5 & Up
Food Processors $30 & Up
Piping Bags $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.