20-Minute Chicken & Asparagus Stir Fry Recipe With Crispy Fried Garlic by Ann Marie Patitucci
Protein and vegetables? Check. Quick and easy? Check. Is it similar to a restaurant meal my boys love? Check.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless chicken breasts, cut into small strips (or 1-inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce (or gluten-free Tamari)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- fried garlic, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Lightly season the chicken with kosher salt. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce and chicken broth. In another small bowl, combine cornstarch and water, and mix well to combine.
- Heat a large nonstick wok or skillet over medium-high heat. When wok is hot, add 1 teaspoon of the oil. Add asparagus and cook until tender-crisp, approximately 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and ginger. Cook until golden, for about 1 minute. Set aside.
- Increase heat to high and add 1 teaspoon of oil and half the chicken. Cook until browned and cooked completely through, about 4 minutes per side. Remove cooked chicken and set aside. Repeat with the remaining chicken and oil. Set aside.
- Add soy sauce mixture to wok and bring to a boil. Cook for about 60 to 90 seconds. Add lemon juice and cornstarch mixture and stir well. Once it simmers, return chicken and asparagus to the wok and mix well.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.