Keto 20-Minute One-Pan Cajun Chicken, Sausage & Cabbage Recipe (6 Ingredients) by Donna John
No, the keto diet is not on my radar – but cabbage, sausage and chicken are! One-pan recipes ready in about 20 minutes are, too. This Cajun chicken and sausage recipe is so simple, and one of the best new recipes I've made this month. Enjoyed every flavorful bite!
Boneless chicken is seasoned with Cajun seasoning and then browned in a skillet. Sausage is added and browned, then both proteins are removed to a plate. The cabbage and garlic are cooked in the pan drippings and butter until crisp-tender. Put the chicken and sausage back into the pan, season with salt, pepper and more Cajun seasoning, and get ready to dip in!
This skillet chicken recipe is a meal on its own. I didn't serve a side dish, but you could add a fresh garden salad with homemade salad dressing. Use whatever sausage you like. I used a raw Chaurice Cajun/Creole sausage, but andouille, smoked sausage, Polish kielbasa, even Italian sausage would work.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces (about 2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning or seasoned salt (I used Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning)
- 12 ounces sausage, sliced or cut into chunks
- 1 - 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small head green cabbage, chopped (about 4 cups)
Here's how to make it:
- Season the chicken with the Cajun seasoning.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Cook the chicken until browned on both sides and just cooked through. Remove to a plate.
- Add the sausage and cook until browned and cooked through. (Smoked sausage will take less time than raw sausage.) When cooked, remove to the plate with the chicken.
- Leave the drippings in the pan and add the butter, garlic and cabbage. Cook until cabbage is desired tenderness (I left mine crisp-tender).
- Put the chicken and sausage back into the pan and heat through. Add salt, pepper and more Cajun seasoning, if desired.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Cajun Seasoning $3 & Up
Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning $3 & Up
Seasoned Salt $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.