Easy Coconut Rum Seashell Cake Bites Recipe Celebrates Summer by Nordic Ware
This coconut rum cake bites recipe is the perfect tropical mini treat. They're fun to make for parties or family get-togethers.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 42 minutes
Servings: 38 to 40
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon rum (or rum extract)
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Here's how to make it:
- Prepare Seashell Bites Pan with baking spray containing flour and use a pastry brush to evenly coat the details of the pan. Melt butter and set aside to cool. Spread coconut evenly on a small, rimmed cookie sheet and bake 3 to 5 minutes at 350 degrees F, stirring once or twice, until coconut is golden brown and toasted. Cool slightly in pan and then break into smaller pieces using the backend of a wooden spoon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk in cooled coconut. In the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, beat the melted butter and sugars until combined. Add coconut milk and egg and mix until combined. Add extracts and rum and combine. Add the flour mixture, half at a time, mixing between additions and scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Scoop batter into cavities of pan until slightly more than half full. Spread batter into corners of cavities with a small spatula. Gently tap pan on towel-covered countertop to remove any air bubbles. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are slightly golden and cakes are firm to touch. Cool in pan for 5 minutes then invert onto cooling rack to cool completely. Clean pan, prepare with baking spray and repeat with remaining batter.
- To make the glaze, combine powdered sugar, pineapple juice concentrate and rum until smooth. When seashell bites are cooled, dip each cakes about halfway into glaze and place on rack over a baking sheet, glaze side up.
Photos: Nordic Ware
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.