Crunchy Tandoori Pork Chops Recipe: A Fabulous Pork Dinner in 15 Minutes by Donna John
The crispy tandoori-style chicken legs recipe made my stomach growl, but I had thin-cut pork chops thawed for dinner. What to do? Grab my Indian spices and create a crispy pork chop recipe with the same flavors. OMG, they were good!
This easy pork chop recipe was prepped and on the table in 15 minutes. I skipped the yogurt, which is traditional in tandoori, and just seasoned the chops heavily in the spices, dusted with flour and pan fried. A recipe winner that I already want to make again.
Thin-pork chops are seasoned with curry powder, garam masala, ground cumin, garlic powder, turmeric and smoked paprika. The seasoned pork is pan-fried in a skillet until golden, juicy and crispy. It really is so easy to prepare and cook.
Serve these crispy pork chops for dinner with your favorite side dishes.
Cuisine: American / Indian
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 2 to 4
- 4 thin-cut pork chops (I used bone-in pork chops)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil, for frying
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the curry powder, garam masala, cumin, garlic powder, turmeric and paprika in a small bowl. Put the flour onto a plate. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Sprinkle half of the seasoning mix on both sides of the pork chops. Put the remaining seasoning blend into the flour and stir to combine.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the pork chops and cook until golden brown on one side, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip the pork chops over and continue to cook until golden and cooked through, about 2 to 3 more minutes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Garam Masala $3 & Up
Curry Powder $3 & Up
Smoked Paprika $3 & Up
Cumin $3 & Up
Ground Turmeric $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Skillets $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.