Crispy Tandoori Chicken Legs Recipe Is a Flavorful Way to End the Day by 30Seconds Food
Crispy and juicy, this easy tandoori-style baked chicken legs recipe is a flavorful way to end the day. Loaded with Indian spices like garam masala, cumin, coriander and turmeric, your taste buds won't know what hit them!
Serve this easy crispy baked chicken recipe with rice and a vegetable. Chutney would also be a delicious accompaniment to the chicken, adding a cool element to balance all the spices. To add more flavor, you could toast the spices for a minute in a dry skillet to release their flavors more.
Prep Time: 3 hours to overnight to marinate
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours
- 4 pounds chicken legs (about 12)
- 1 tablespoon garam masala or curry powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a blender. Pulse until smooth. Put into a large zipper bag along with the chicken. Squish around to coat all the chicken. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours and up to overnight.
- When ready to cook, put the chicken and the marinade onto an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 450-degree F oven for about 45 minutes, turning the chicken halfway through, or until cooked through. Once cooked through, broil for about 3 minutes to crisp the skin.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.