20-Minute Korean Bulgogi Fried Rice Recipe Will Be Your New Favorite by Donna John
My favorite grocery store has a chef's area where they cook and give out samples. They supply the recipe and all the ingredients right there for you to buy – including the pricey specialty sauces and seasonings they used. Bulgogi rice was on the menu last week. Delicious! After nabbing the fried rice recipe, I hit the aisles to create my own version that cost a lot less.
This easy bulgogi fried rice recipe is made with Korean barbecue sauce (aka bulgogi sauce), frozen vegetables (quick and easy) and basmati rice. For best results, make the rice the morning of or night before and refrigerate so its cold. I served this fried rice with grilled chicken and a crispy egg roll.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped, or 1 small onion, sliced thin (I used a combination of both)
- 4 - 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 - 4 cups cooked basmati rice, cold
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 - 3 eggs
- 1 cup Korean barbecue sauce (bulgogi sauce)
- chopped green onions, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onions and garlic. Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and frozen mixed vegetables. Cook, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Push the rice to the side. Crack the eggs into the skillet. Cook, stirring, until set.
- Stir the eggs into the rice.
- Pour in the Korean barbecue sauce. Stir well to combine. Cook about 5 more minutes. Season with black pepper and a little salt, if desired.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Korean Barbecue Sauce $3 & Up
Korean Cookbooks $5 & Up
Basmati Rice $3 & Up
Skillets $10 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.