Korean Bulgogi Tacos Recipe With Gochujang Sauce Is Out of This World by 30Seconds Food
Korean flavors just took over taco night! Sweet and spicy marinated beef is topped with a flavorful gochujang sauce, crispy cabbage and creamy avocado. The combination is out of this world. This is one tasty bulgogi taco recipe.
If you're cooking for two, you could easily cut the recipe in half. Everything you need is packed in the taco shell or tortilla, so all you really need is a margarita or big glass of iced tea or lemonade.
Cuisine: Korean / Mexican / American
Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 4 hours minimum to marinate
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes plus 4 hours minimum to marinate
Servings: 4 to 6 (Makes about 10 tacos)
- 2 pounds flank steak, ribeye steak, skirt steak or sirloin steak, cut into bite-sized strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Asian pear or Bosc pear, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 - 4 cloves garlic
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 - 2 teaspoons gochujang sauce (or to taste)
- taco shells (baked according to package directions), flour tortillas or corn tortillas (warmed)
- shredded purple cabbage
- chopped fresh avocado
- chopped fresh cilantro
- chopped green onions
Here's how to make it:
- Put all the marinade ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour the marinade into a plastic zipper bag. Add the beef and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours and up to overnight (preferred).
- For the gochujang sauce, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to cook, remove the meat from the marinade. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add about half of the beef and cook until browned on both sides, about 2 minutes. Remove to a plate. Repeat with the remaining beef.
- To serve, fill taco shells or tortillas with some of the beef and top with purple cabbage, avocado, cilantro, green onions and gochujang sauce.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Blenders $20 & Up
Taco Shells $3 & Up
Gochujang $4 & Up
Sesame Oil $3 & Up
Low Sodium Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Rice Wine Vinegar $3 & Up
Cooking Sherry $33
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
Mayonnaise $3 & Up
Corn Tortillas $2 & Up
Flour Tortillas $2 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.