Skinny Baked Eggplant Parmesan Recipe With Ricotta Is a Healthy Indulgence by Sarah Amona
Who says eggplant parmesan has to be heavy and full of calories? This easy eggplant parmesan recipe with ricotta is lighter and has less fat. It is absolutely delicious for a light, vegetarian dinner.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 5 minutes
Servings: 1 to 2
- 1 eggplant, sliced thin
- 4 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 ounces reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (14 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, blended in a blender (you will use 1/2 cup for this recipe)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Here's how to make it:
- Place sliced eggplant on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake until softened, about 20 minutes.
- Place half the eggplant in a small baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Top with 4 ounces of ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup of the tomatoes that have been blended, 1 ounce of reduced-fat mozzarella, 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese and 1/4 teaspoon of Italian seasonings.
- Add the rest of the eggplant on top of that and top with the other 1/4 cup of blended tomatoes, the other 1 ounce of reduced-fat mozzarella, 1/2 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese and 1/4 teaspoon of Italian seasonings.
- Bake in preheated 350-degree oven for about 40 minutes, or until the cheese is lightly browned and melted.
Note: If you prefer, don't blend the tomatoes and use them whole.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.