Crispy Chicken Patties Recipe: A Budget Chicken Dinner in 20 Minutes by Donna John
After the pandemic, my pantry was full of items that I normally don't buy. A couple cans of chunk chicken breast was one of the shelf-stable meats that I wasn't sure what to do with. That is, until I found this crispy chicken patties recipe.
The simple pan-fried chicken patties are made with canned chicken, an egg, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme and breadcrumbs. The flavorful ingredients will make you forget you're using canned chicken. The ingredients are mixed together, formed into patties and pan-fried until crispy and golden brown.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) premium white chunk chicken breast
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/4 cups dry breadcrumbs or fresh breadcrumbs, divided (I grated 3 slices of sandwich bread)
- fresh minced chives (optional)
- 2 - 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Depending on the brand, canned chicken can be salty, so watch how much extra salt you add to the recipe.
- To bake or air fry the chicken patties, spray with nonstick cooking spray and bake at 400 degrees F until golden brown.
- Be sure to drain the chicken really well and squeeze out as much liquid as you can before mixing with other ingredients.
- You can make four thick patties or six thin patties (I made five medium patties).
- Other ingredients like capers, grated cheese, minced onion, chopped jalapenos, crushed red pepper flakes, hot sauce or fresh herbs could be added to make this recipe your own.
Here's how to make it:
- Pour the cans of chicken into a colander. Break the chicken into pieces using your fingers and press to release as much moisture as you can.
- Combine the chicken, egg, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, chives (if using) and 1/4 cup of the breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Shape the mixture into four to six patties. (The number will depend on how big and thick you make the patties.)
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Coat both sides of the patties with the remaining 1 cup of breadcrumbs.
- Fry the patties until golden brown and crisp on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 18.4g
Saturated Fat: 2.3g
Total Carbohydrate: 24.7g
Dietary Fiber: 1.6g
Total Sugars: 2.3g
Vitamin D: 4mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.