Tajin Seared Mahi Mahi Recipe With Ancho Chili Vinaigrette & Serrano Pepper Salsa by Chef Adrianne Calvo
Looking for something new and exciting to cook for dinner tonight? I got you covered with this delicious Tajin seared mahi mahi recipe from my cookbook, The A List! It’s easy to make and loaded with flavor.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Ancho Chili Vinaigrette
- 1 dried ancho chile, rehydrated in water and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small white onion
- 10 serrano chiles, stems removed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 3/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 sweet potato, shredded
- lime, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Cut each mahi fillet into three equal pieces and season generously with Tajín. In a hot skillet with canola oil, sear mahi on high heat 30 seconds on each side and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside.
- For the ancho chile vinaigrette, place acho chile, cilantro, vinegar, lime juice, garlic, olive oil, honey, salt, and chili powder in a blender. Blend for 20 seconds and set aside.
- For the serrano pepper salsa, using a hot skillet with canola oil, sauté onion, serrano chiles and garlic for 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, add sautéed mixture, cilantro, water, vinegar, cumin and salt. Pulse four to five times until well combined.
- Preheat electric fryer to 375 degrees F. Fry shredded sweet potatoes for 45 seconds and drain onto a plate lined with paper towel.
- To plate, place the mahi fillets onto a dish, spoon the vinaigrette and salsa around the mahi, top with crispy sweet potato, and garnish with a lime wedge dipped in Tajín.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.