Simple Summer Squash Recipe: Yellow Squash & Zucchini Shine in This Healthy Side Dish by Melissa Vickers
Overloaded with summer squash? Here’s a squash recipe that couldn’t get much simpler to help use some of the ubiquitous squash and zucchini this time of year. Straight from the garden to the frying pan!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large or 2 small sweet onions, chopped or sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped or sliced
- 3 yellow squash, chopped or sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) petite diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic (do not drain)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt like Accent, or your favorite (I used Mural of Flavor from Penzeys)
- 2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash seasoning, any flavor
Here’s how to make it:
- Warm a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and butter. Once butter is melted, add the onions and sauté until crisp-tender and starting to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add squash, zucchini, tomatoes (with juice), pepper, salt and seasoning. Heat until boiling. Cover and cook over medium-low until the squash is crisp-tender (or as soft as you like it). Remove lid and boil until some of the liquid is evaporated.
Note: If freezing for later use, cook only a few minutes to mix all the ingredients, cool and freeze.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Accent $3 & Up
Mrs. Dash Seasonings $3 & Up
Frying Pans $10 & Up
Seasoning Salt $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.