Healthy Ratatouille Recipes: This Easy Ratatouille Recipe Is Fancy Fast by Donna John
Ratatouille will impress your family or guests, but is a snap to throw together. The healthy ratatouille recipe is perfect as a main dish or as a side dish. Don't have a cast iron skillet? Bake it in a round casserole dish or oven-proof frying pan.
- 2 small eggplants, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin (you could also use Roma tomatoes, or a combination of both)
- 3 small zucchini, sliced into thin rounds
- 3 small yellow squash, sliced into thin rounds
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes
- juice of half a lemon (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- fresh chopped thyme (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Put all the sauce ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth. Set aside about 1/4 cup of the sauce.
- Pour the remaining sauce into a cast iron skillet to cover the bottom.
- Arrange vegetables, standing up, in the skillet, alternating the vegetables.
- Pour remaining sauce over the top. Cover the top lightly with a piece of foil.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 1 hour. Sprinkle with thyme, if using.[img]
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cast Iron Skillets $13 & Up
Red Pepper Flakes $2 & Up
Diced Tomatoes $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.