Pasta Cole Slaw Salad Recipe: A Twist on Traditional Summer Salads by Melissa Vickers
Here’s another one of those great salad recipes that you can customize to your taste preferences – and what’s in your refrigerator. It’s perfect for vegetable gardeners, as many of the ingredients can come straight from your garden, or a farmer’s market or the grocery store. It has a little bit of everything!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 to 10 minutes (depending on the pasta)
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 8 ounces small pasta, cooked (I used a rainbow rotini mix)
- 8 ounces bagged broccoli slaw mix (broccoli, carrots, red cabbage)
- 3 small sweet peppers (or 1 large pepper)
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped into small bits (I omitted this)
- 3 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1 hardboiled egg, finely chopped
- 1/4 medium red onion, finely chopped
- handful of pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- handful of sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 - 4 tablespoons Italian salad dressing (I used Olive Garden’s Signature Italian)
Here’s how to make it:
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Combine slaw, peppers, cucumber, celery, water chestnuts, egg, onion and seeds in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix mayonnaise and dressing. Pour over salad and stir well. Chill for a few hours before serving, if you can! Add additional Italian dressing before serving if it seems dry.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.