Cheesy Creamed Brussels Sprouts Recipe With Parmesan & Mozzarella by 30Seconds Food
There are so many ways to cook brussels sprouts. Healthy brussels sprouts can be grilled, baked, boiled, roasted, shaved for a salad and even fried. This easy brussels sprouts recipe starts on the stovetop and ends in the oven. It's creamy, cheesy and absolutely delish.
You could add bacon to the easy recipe. Simply omit the olive oil and cook chopped bacon in the skillet. Remove the bacon and proceed with the recipe using the bacon grease to cook the brussels sprouts. Add the bacon back before baking.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed and left whole if small and cut in half if large
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for the top
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof skillet. Cook the brussels sprouts over medium-high heat, stirring often, about 5 to 6 minutes. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Remove the brussels sprouts to a plate.
- Melt the butter in the skillet. Whisk in the flour, then slowly start whisking in the cream. Add the Parmesan cheese and stir until melted and smooth.
- Put the brussels sprouts back into the pan. Stir to coat. Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese and more Parmesan.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 20 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.