Simple Salmon Kedgeree Recipe Is for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner by 30Seconds Food
Kedgeree is a rice and fish dish that originated in India, but now is a popular meal in Britain. Smoked haddock is typically used in the recipe, and surprisingly, it is eaten for breakfast, though sometimes eaten for lunch and dinner, too.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon curry powder (or to taste)
- 1 skinless salmon filet (about 8 ounces)
- 3/4 cup long-grain rice
- 1 onion, chopped or sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 hardboiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Here's how to make it:
- Bring the water, salt and curry powder to a boil. Add the salmon and simmer on low, covered, about 4 minutes or until just cooked through. Remove the salmon with a slotted spoon to a plate.
- Bring the water back to a boil. Add the rice. Cover and cook over low heat about 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Melt the butter in a skillet. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the rice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Break the salmon into pieces and add to the rice along with the eggs, parsley and lemon juice. Cook, stirring gently, about 1 minute.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.