Crispy Mini Cereal Pancakes Recipe With Maple Syrup Flakes & Fruit by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Host of KSCU 103.3 FM LIVE Food Talk Radio S.F. Bay Area
This breakfast recipe is best enjoyed in a cereal bowl served with milk, coconut milk or pourable yogurt. Just make them, your family will love you forever! If you have them with nut milk, you will need to be quick as they can get a little soggy.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- fresh fruit
- pourable Greek yogurt
- cold milk or nut milk
- chopped pistachios or your favorite nuts
- maple syrup flakes
Here's how to make it:
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter. Mix until smooth. With a funnel, fill a squeeze bottle leaving 1-inch headspace and replace the lid tightly.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, start squeezing little dots of batter with space between them. Cook the mini pancakes until the tops form tiny bubbles and look dry. Flip them with a spatula a bunch at a time and cook on the other side for 30 to 40 seconds or until golden brown. Repeat with the remainder of the batter. You may need to lightly spray your pan with nonstick cooking oil now and then.
- Serve hot in a bowl with fruit, crunchy toppings and pourable yogurt or nut milk of your choice. Don't forget the maple flakes, they're like icing on a cake.
Pro Tip: Crispy edges. I make these pancakes with crispy edges, and well done. Doing so prevents the mini cakes from going soggy as quickly. Simply start with a perfectly heated pan. The smaller you pipe them, 1/2-inch or just over, the better. Keep in mind, the larger the pancake, the fluffier and softer they will be.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Maple Syrup Flakes $5 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Pistachios $5 & Up
Granola $3 & Up
Griddles $20 & Up
Squeeze Bottles $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.