Snickerdoodle Pancakes Recipe With Cinnamon-Sugar Topping & Bourbon Spiked Whipped Cream (Oh, My!) by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Our 30Seconds Resident Chef
This snickerdoodle pancakes recipe with cinnamon sugar topping and bourbon spiked whipped cream is inspired by one of my favorites: snickerdoodle cookies. These festive pancakes are a quick and easy breakfast and made of a cinnamon batter and topped with cinnamon sugar. Oh, and did I mention cinnamon?
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon (divided)
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 - 1/1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted (divided)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- honey or warm maple syrup, for topping
- whipped cream, for garnish
- bourbon, for spiking the whipped cream (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl with a whisk. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, egg, 2 tablespoons of the melted butter and vanilla. Beat to break up the egg. Pour into the flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Whisk granulated sugar and the remaining cinnamon together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium-low heat. Pour batter onto the griddle and cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry, about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook until golden on the other side, 1 to 2 additional minutes. Repeat with the remaining batter. Add more buttermilk for a thinner pancake.
- Brush the pancakes with the additional melted butter. Sprinkle each with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Top with warm honey, maple syrup or spiked whipped cream.
Note: To spike whipped cream, simply whip the cream in a bowl on medium speed until foamy and soft peaks begin to form. At this point, add any flavor such as sugar, a little caramel, vanilla extract, jam or bourbon. Continue to whip to desired thickness. Don't add too much or the cream won't whip up. Serve cold.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.