Love me a lemon pie, and this Arizona Sunshine lemon pie recipe really intrigued me. Why? Because you put a whole cut-up lemon into a blender. Yes, skin, pith and all. (Bet you're intrigued now, too.)
The result was a super creamy, sweet, tart lemon pie that was so easy to make. Throw all the filling ingredients into the blender, blend and pour into an unbaked pie shell. Done. I've now added yet another lemon recipe to my desserts collection.
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 pie
- 1 large lemon
- 4 eggs
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 unbaked pie shell (regular or deep dish)
Here's how to make it:
- Cut the lemon into chunks. Remove the seeds. Put the chunks and any juice that accumulated on the plate into a blender.
- Add the eggs, melted butter, vanilla and sugar.
- Pulse until completely smooth. (The batter will be thin.)
- Pour the batter into an unbaked pie shell.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 40 minutes. Cover with foil if the pie begins to get too brown. Remove and cool before refrigerating.
Note: If you use a regular pie shell you will have some filling leftover. While baking, some of the filling bubbled up onto the crust edges and that's why my pie is really brown. Next time I will use a deep dish pie crust.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.