4-Ingredient Baked Reuben Chicken Recipe Is Ready In 30 Minutes by Donna John
Looking for a new idea dinner? Four-ingredient recipes are the bomb diggity, right? And who doesn't love a good chicken recipe? This easy four-ingredient baked Reuben chicken recipe is quick, cheesy, creamy and on the table in 30 minutes.
Here is your short and sweet shopping list for this easy baked chicken recipe: boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese slices and thousand island salad dressing. The chicken bakes in the oven for about 20 to 30 minutes (the size of the chicken breast will make this vary) and is ready to be plated up for dinner.
The sauerkraut loses some of its sour bite during the baking process, and becomes sweeter and creamy with the Swiss cheese and salad dressing. Serve this cheesy, gluten-free Reuben chicken with a vegetable or salad.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 25 to 35 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 - 2 cups sauerkraut, drained
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 tablespoons thousand island salad dressing (try this homemade thousand island salad dressing recipe)
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Salt and Pepper
- Baking Dishes
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 13x9-inch Baking Pan
- I didn't drain my sauerkraut very well, and had some liquid at the bottom of the baking dish when it was done. If you do not want much liquid, be sure to drain the sauerkraut well. I didn't mind the liquid – it helped keep the chicken even more moist.
- Put as much sauerkraut on the breast chicken as you'd like. I used a heaping 1/4 cup on each breast.
Here's how to make it:
- Put the chicken breasts into a baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread 1/4 to 1/2 cup, depending on how much sauerkraut you'd like, on top of the chicken breasts. Top with a slice of cheese and then spread each breast with 1 tablespoon of salad dressing.
- Cover the pan with foil. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. (Cooking time will depend on thickness of chicken breasts. I uncovered mine during the last 5 minutes of baking.)
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 24.6g
Saturated Fat: 5.8g
Total Carbohydrate: 5.4g
Dietary Fiber: 1.2g
Total Sugars: 3.4g
Vitamin D: 13mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.