Chicken Fajita Orzo Skillet Recipe: A Tasty One-Pan Mexican Pasta Stir Fry by Melissa Vickers
Cuisine: American / Mexican
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 1 envelope (3 tablespoons) fajita seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 - 3 bell peppers, diced (I used 1 large green and 4 small yellow/red/orange bell peppers)
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 - 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth (I used vegetable broth)
- 1 cup orzo
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh chopped cilantro, for garnish (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Mix fajita seasoning with Italian seasoning. Season chicken with half of the mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add chicken in a single layer. Cook without stirring for 3 to 4 minutes until one side is brown. Flip and brown the other side. Remove meat and put on a plate. Set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon of oil to pan and add veggies and the rest of the seasoning mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened and starting to brown. Turn heat to low and add garlic. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add broth and uncooked orzo to pot. Stir well and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes or until pasta is al dente and liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Add chicken back to pot and stir to combine. (Add a little water if it seems too dry.) Cook on medium-low until chicken is completely cooked. Serve with cilantro, if desired.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Fajita Seasoning $1 & Up
Italian Seasoning $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
Orzo $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.