20-Minute Baked Steelhead Trout Recipe Is As Simple As It Gets by 30Seconds Food
Steelhead trout (aka rainbow trout) is a meaty, flavorful fish that has many health benefits. According to the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch, "steelhead trout farmed in the U.S. is one of the healthiest types of seafood that you can eat." Rich in protein, vitamins, minerals and omega-3 fatty acids, this is a fish you may want to consider adding to your menu planning.
This easy baked steelhead trout recipe could not be any simpler. Really. Just two ingredients and 10 to 15 minutes in the oven and you have a healthy meal the whole family will enjoy.
The steelhead trout is simply brushed with butter and seasoned with salt and pepper. The fish is baked in the oven until it flakes easily with a fork. Serve the simple baked fish with a salad, vegetable, grain or your favorite side dishes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 to 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds steelhead trout
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Here's how to make it:
- Put the trout onto an aluminum foil or parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Brush the melted butter over the fish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. (Cooking time will depend on amount and thickness of fish.)
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.