15-Minute Trout Almondine Recipe: Don't Lose This Tasty Fish Recipe by Donna John
This easy trout almondine recipe is a healthy way to add to the seafood section in your recipe box. The delicate fish is cooked with lemon, parsley and crunchy almonds. So good and healthy!
If you can't find trout, catfish, haddock, pollack, redfish, striped bass or whitefish are good substitutes. Serve this fish recipe with a fresh vegetable and a salad.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 trout fillets
- olive oil
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds or whole almonds, coarsely chopped
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Add a little olive oil to a nonstick skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Season the fish with salt and pepper and place in the skillet, skin side up. Reduce heat to medium and cook about 4 minutes. Flip the fish over and continue to cook another 2-3 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from the skillet.
- To the same skillet, add a little olive oil and the almonds. Cook, stirring, until almonds begin to brown, about 1-2 minutes. Add the lemon juice and zest and heat through. Pour over the fish fillets. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Sliced Almonds $6 & Up
Whole Almonds $4 & Up
Fish Spatulas $5 & Up
Fish Cookbooks $4 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.