Refreshing Watermelon Feta Salad Recipe: The Perfect Sweet & Savory Side Dish for Summer by Ann Marie Gardinier Halstead
I love watermelon. My boys can’t get enough of the fruit. In addition to simply eating slices of it, I thought we’d try a watermelon salad recipe. This sweet and savory one is so fresh and easy to make.
The flavor combination might sound odd at first, but it’s delicious. It is the perfect side dish to bring to a summer potluck or barbecue or Mother's Day brunch or lunch. I personally think it tastes great without any dressing (or with just a drizzle of balsamic glaze or vinegar), but the dressing is delicious if you’d like to include it. You could even grill the watermelon for this salad!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 2 - 4 cups fresh spinach or romaine lettuce
- 3 cups seedless watermelon, cut into 1-inch cubes (no rind)
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries (or berries of choice)
- 1/2 cup blackberries (or berries of choice)
- 2/3 cup feta cheese or goat cheese crumbles (I prefer feta)
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly (I personally skip the onion but most people seem to enjoy it)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint and more for garnish (optional)
Lime Honey Dressing
Here's how to make it:
- Arrange the greens in a large salad bowl. Top with watermelon, cucumber and berries. Add onion and mint, if using.
- In a small bowl, mix the dressing ingredients. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Once well combined, pour over salad (only add dressing right before serving). Top with cheese and toss. Garnish with mint leaves, if desired.
Note: If you keep the salad in a covered container in the refrigerator it should keep fresh (without dressing) for one to two days.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.