Easy Grilled Watermelon Recipe: One Taste & You'll Want Fruit to Take Over the Grill (Sorry, Meat) by Donna John
A salad of greens, grilled watermelon, Cotija cheese and pepitas at a Mexican restaurant was my introduction to grilling this fruit. The heat brings out the watermelon's flavor and takes it to the next level. It's great on its own as a snack, but try it in your next salad, with grilled chicken or shrimp or made into a watermelon salsa. Be sure to leave the rind on while grilling to help keep the watermelon from falling apart or mashing it with your tongs. One taste and we think you'll want fruit to take over the grill (sorry, meat)!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3 to 5 minutes
Total Time: 8 to 10 minutes
- watermelon slices (rind still intact)
- salt (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Heat your outdoor grill to high heat.
- Put the watermelon slices on the grill. Season with salt, if using.
- Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until the watermelon has grill marks.
- Turn the watermelon over and continue to cook 1 to 2 more minutes. Serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.