Grandma's Chocolate Chip Pecan Deluxe Pie Recipe: Grandma Was Sneaky With This Recipe by Donna John
My grandma had a recipe for raisin walnut deluxe pie in her recipe box. Hmm. I don't remember her ever making a pie with raisins. But then I read the entire recipe and saw the variation: chocolate chips and pecans. Ah-ha! My grandma made the variation of this pie recipe.
Full of chocolate and crunchy pecans, this easy old-fashioned pie recipe is a sweet slice of heaven. If you are a raisin lover, see the variation below.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 to 50 minutes
Total Time: 50 to 60 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 pie
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie shell, chilled
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Here's how to make it:
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer on low, beat the eggs slightly. Add the sugar, butter and vanilla. Beat until well blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans. Pour the mixture into the unbaked pie shell.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 40 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting. Refrigerate leftovers.
Notes: You can substitute 1 cup raisins and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts for the chocolate chips and pecans.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pecans $4 & Up
Light Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Semisweet Chocolate Chips $2 & Up
Electric Mixers $12 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.