Simple Cinnamon Popcorn Recipe Puts Some Spice Into Snacktime by Elisa Schmitz
Popcorn is one of those addictive snacks that many of us can't get enough of. Whether you like it buttery or with bacon or even made into popcorn balls, there are plenty of popcorn recipes to please most palates.
If you've never tried cinnamon popcorn, you're in for a treat that's a cross between a candy and a snack. By adding the flavor of those hot little cinnamon candies, you pack your popcorn with a spicy sweet punch.
This simple snack recipe has only four ingredients, and the red color also makes it festive for holidays and special occasions. Whip up a batch for Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Christmas and even Valentine's Day!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 4 quarts popcorn, popped
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 4.5 ounces red cinnamon candies
Here's how to make it:
- Put popped popcorn in a large bowl. In a large saucepan, combine the margarine or butter, corn syrup and cinnamon candies. Bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly until melted and blended.
- Pour mixture over the popcorn in the bowl and mix well, coating the popcorn. Pour the popcorn mixture onto greased cookie sheets or into greased baking pans. Bake at 250 degrees F for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Cool completely, then break into pieces and serve. Cinnamon popcorn can be stored in airtight containers.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.