Cheesy Steak Florentine Casserole Recipe: An Umm Umm Good Steak Casserole Recipe by Melissa Vickers
Cuisine: American / Italian
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 box (10 ounces) frozen cut leaf spinach
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese (divided)
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated Colby or cheddar cheese (divided)
- 8 Steak-umm all-beef sandwich steaks
- 1 jar (2 1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky garden-style spaghetti sauce with green peppers and mushrooms (or your favorite spaghetti sauce)
Here's how to make it:
- Partially cook the spinach about 3 minutes in the microwave. Combine in a large bowl with melted butter. Add egg, cottage cheese, onion powder and garlic powder, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese and 1 cup of the Colby cheese. Stir well.
- Prepare Steak-umms individually on nonstick griddle according to package directions. Place cooked steaks on paper towels to catch excess grease.
- Place 1/3 to 1/2 cup cheese/spinach mixture on one end of steak and roll up. Repeat for remaining steaks.
- Add mushrooms to spaghetti sauce. Pour 1/2 cup sauce into the bottom of an 8-inch square casserole dish. Arrange rolled steaks, seam side down, in single layer. Cover with remainder of sauce.
- Sprinkle with the remaining Colby and Parmesan cheese. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Onion Powder $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Chunky Garden Style Pasta Sauce $3 & Up
Sliced Mushrooms $2 & Up
8-inch Square Baking Dishes $8 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.