Harissa Roasted Chicken Recipe: This Easy Whole Baked Chicken Recipe Will Spice Up Your Life by Donna John
Roasted chicken is one of my go-to recipes. Most times I go simple, like with my three-ingredient roasted chicken or butter baked chicken, but sometimes spice is what I need in my life. This harissa baked chicken recipe is what to make for dinner to spice up your life.
The chicken may be colorful, but it's not overly spicy – it's just right. You can add some vegetables around the chicken when baking. I added chunks of carrot, which soaked up the flavorful pan drippings and tasted amazing.
Cuisine: Tunisian / American
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes to 1 hour
Total Time: 55 minutes to 70 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 whole chicken (about 3 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons harissa paste (I used Trader Joe's Traditional Tunisian Harissa Hot Chili Pepper Paste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the harissa paste, olive oil, honey, cumin, smoked paprika and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Put the chicken into a baking pan and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Stuff the lemon and garlic cloves inside the cavity.
- Cover the chicken with the harissa mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 325-degree F oven for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until chicken is cooked through.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Pans $8 & Up
Harissa Paste $4 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Honey $3 & Up
Ground Cumin $2 & Up
Smoked Paprika $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.