Butter Baked Chicken Recipe With Milk Gravy Is a Winning 5-Ingredient Chicken Dinner by Donna John
Moist baked chicken in a rich gravy is an easy weeknight meal that uses pantry ingredients. Serve this butter baked chicken recipe with potatoes or rice to soak up the creamy gravy. You will win dinner with this easy recipe!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes to 1 hour
Total Time: 50 minutes to 1 hour and 5 minutes
- 1 chicken, cut up or your favorite chicken parts, bone-in (you could use boneless chicken breasts or thighs, but would need to reduce the cooking time)
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (10 ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup water
Here's how to make it:
- Pour the melted butter into a 13x9-inch baking pan. Put the flour into a shallow bowl. Put about 1/3 cup of the evaporated milk into another bowl.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Dip the chicken into the milk and then into the flour. Place it on top of the melted butter. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes.
- Combine the remaining evaporated milk in the can (I also added what was left from dipping the chicken), the cream of chicken soup and water.
- Flip the chicken over.
- Pour the evaporated milk mixture over the chicken. Bake another 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and browning on top. Sprinkle the top with parsley flakes, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $9 & Up
All Purpose Flour $2 & Up
Evaporated Milk $2 & Up
Cream of Chicken Soup $2 & Up
Parsley Flakes $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.