Easiest Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe: This Quick Chocolate Chip Bread Has a Secret Ingredient by Donna John
Biting into a moist slice of chocolate chip banana bread is heaven. This quick dessert bread recipe starts with a box cake mix, so it's super easy to make. Semisweet or dark chocolate chips balance out the sweetness, but use your favorite. The sour cream is the secret ingredient to the incredible moistness of this banana bread recipe.
This tasty banana bread recipe makes two loaves, so be sure to share with family and friends. (Don't forget to print out a few copies of the recipe, too, because they'll be asking for it.)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 to 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 to 55 minutes
Servings: Makes 2 loaves
- 1 box (16 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 4 large overripe bananas, mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips, divided (I sometimes add more)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the cake mix, oil, eggs, sour cream and bananas. Stir until combined. Add 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Line two 9x5-inch loaf pans with parchment paper, making it hang over the sides. Spray with nonstick cooking spray. Divide the batter between the two pans. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool then use the parchment paper to remove the loaves from the pans.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Loaf Pans $8 & Up
Yellow Cake Mixes $1 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
Chocolate Chips $2 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.