15-Minute Pan-Seared Cod Recipe With Chile Lime Butter Is Fabulous by Sarah Amona
Juicy cod fillets are quickly pan seared then drizzled with a zesty lime butter. This healthy cod recipe is certainly one you do not want to lose!
Cod fillets are seasoned then quickly pan-seared. The tender, juicy fish is drizzled with a chile lime butter made with light butter, fresh lime zest, finely chopped shallows, fresh lime juice and minced serrano chiles, for a little spice. This healthy fish recipe is just loaded with flavors!
This easy recipe is on the table in under 20 minutes! Serve this easy pan-seared cod recipe with chile lime butter with zucchini, cauliflower or your favorite steamed or sautéed vegetables. It would also be delicious over a bed or quinoa or brown rice.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Chili Lime Butter
- 3 tablespoons light butter
- 1 teaspoons grated fresh lime zest
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh serrano chilies, including seeds
- 30 ounces cod fillets (should yield 3 cooked portions of 7 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Here's how to make it:
- To make the chile lime butter, stir together butter, shallot, zest, lime juice, chile and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Pat fish dry and sprinkle with salt. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until about smoking. Sear fish, using a spatula to turn once, until golden and just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Divide fish into 3 portions of 7 ounces each. Serve each serving with 1 tablespoon of chile lime butter.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Nonstick Skillets $10 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.