Peanut Butter Blossom Cookie Recipe: This Easy Classic Cookie Recipe Is Always a Crowd Pleaser by Morgan Mostrom
I have never gotten more compliments on any baked good than I have for these easy peanut butter and chocolate cookies! My next-door neighbor used to make these cookies for dessert when I was growing up, and I’ve always held a special place for them in my heart.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 to 10 minutes
Total Time: 28 to 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 36 milk chocolate Hershey's Kisses, unwrapped (or swap for another favorite chocolate candy)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar, for rolling
Here's how to make it:
- Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar and peanut butter into a mixing bowl. Add the softened butter and large egg to the bowl. Use an electric mixer at medium speed (or a spoon) to beat the ingredients together until blended thoroughly.
- In small increments at a time, add flour, baking soda and baking powder into the bowl and stir thoroughly until all has been added and dough has formed.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls.
- Pour the 1/3 cup of granulated sugar into a small bowl. Roll each ball of dough into the sugar until coated on all sides. Repeat for each ball and place onto ungreased cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Once the cookie sheet is removed from the oven, immediately place an unwrapped Hershey's Kiss in the center of each cookie. Put cookies onto a rack to cool.
Check out this great way to store your cookies in the freezer to keep them tasting fresh for much longer!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.