3-Ingredient Sugar Cookie Dough Recipe Makes Holiday Baking So Easy by Kathy Widenhouse
Want to make Christmas cookies, but don't know where to begin? With just three simple ingredients, we think this is the easiest sugar cookies recipe ever. While the sugar cookies bake in the oven, whip up a batch of easy royal icing to decorate them with. So fun and festive!
Starting with this quick and simple sugar cookie dough batter, making cut-out sugar cookies cannot get any simpler. Your family and friends will think you've become a holiday cookie pro! Be sure to share these holiday cookies with friends and family. They make wonderful food gifts!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 8 to 10 minutes
Total Time: 33 to 35 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- royal Icing (here's a royal icing recipe)
- colored sugar and sprinkles (optional)
Here’s how to make them:
- Cream butter with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Gradually add sugar, a bit at a time, until well blended. Add flour to butter mixture gradually. Beat until well blended. Divide dough in half. Wrap both halves in plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper. Set one half of the cookie dough on a cutting board surface. Cover the dough with a piece of plastic wrap. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough until 1/4-inch thick.
- Cut cookies with cookie cutters. With a spatula, remove cookies from the rolling surface and place them on the prepared baking sheets 1 inch apart. Rework unused scraps together to form a new ball, roll out, and cut more cookies until all dough is cut into cookies. Sprinkle cookies with colored sugar crystals or decorations (if you are not planning to frost them).
- Bake cookies for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool cookies for 1 minute on cookie sheets. Remove from cookie sheets to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost undecorated cookies with easy royal Icing and decorate with colored sugar or sprinkles. Store cookies in an airtight container with waxed paper in between layers.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.