Easy Pelmeni Soup Recipe: This Savory Dumpling Soup Recipe Is an Eastern European Version of Chicken & Dumplings by 30Seconds Food
Pelmeni are savory meat-filled dumplings popular in Ukraine and other Eastern European countries. This easy pelmeni soup recipe is kind of like wonton soup or chicken and dumplings – and just as easy to make.
Cuisine: Eastern European
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 to 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 carrot, chopped fine or grated
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 12 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound fresh or frozen pelmeni (try this easy homemade pelmeni recipe)
- chopped parsley, to taste
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot. Add the onions, green onions and carrot and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the dumplings and gently simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes or until dumplings float to the top.
- Sprinkle in the parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.