Easy Asian Dumplings Recipe: Make Chinese Pork Dumplings at Home in 30 Minutes by Gwen Johnson
Pork dumplings are a must-have for many of us when dining out at Asian restaurants. But why just enjoy these tiny bundles of pork goodness at a restaurant when you can make them at home? Serve this easy pork dumplings recipe with sweet chili sauce or your favorite Chinese dipping sauce.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes per batch
Total Time: 28 minutes
- 25 gyoza wrappers or potsticker wrappers
- cabbage leaves, for steaming
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Napa cabbage
- 1/8 cup minced cilantro
- 1/8 cup minced chives
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine all of the filling ingredients. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Put about 1 tablespoon of the filling onto the center of each wrapper. Use water to moisten the edges and fold up, twist and seal.
- Put cabbage leaves on the bottom of a steamer basket. Put a single layer of dumplings into the steamer, leaving at least 1 inch in between each dumpling. Steam, covered, about 8 minutes or until filling is cooked through. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Steamer Baskets $6 & Up
Chopsticks $5 & Up
Gyoza Wrappers $5 & Up
Rice Wine Vinegar $3 & Up
Sesame Oil $3 & Up
Chinese Five Spice Powder $3 & Up
Sweet Chili Sauce $3 & Up
Chinese Dipping Sauces $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.