Easy Strawberry-Glazed Baked Donuts Recipe for a Sweet Valentine's Day by 30Seconds Food
These easy baked strawberry-glazed donuts scream Valentine's Day! Surprise that special someone or your kids with this easy baked donut recipe and you'll be MVP today.
Have you ever thought about where donuts came from? According to Oxford Companion to American Food and Drink, doughnuts are "deep-fried cakes with a long European history and roots in still earlier Middle Eastern cuisine. They were introduced to America by the Dutch in New Netherlands to America as oliekoecken (oil cakes or fried cakes)." Interesting! And we give credit to Dunkin' Donuts and Shipley Do-Nuts!
This easy baked donut recipe is made with flour, sugar, baking powder, a pinch of salt, butter, an egg, milk and vanilla. The donuts are baked in donut pans until cooked through. The warm fresh-baked donuts are dipped into a glaze made with strawberries, powdered sugar and milk. Add some colorful sprinkles and a little food coloring, and you've got a pretty in pink donut loaded with strawberry flavor.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 to 10 minutes
Total Time: 18 to 20 minutes
Servings: Makes 6 donuts
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- dash of salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups powdered sugar (as needed)
- 1 - 2 tablespoons milk (as needed)
- pink or red food coloring
- sprinkles (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- In another bowl, whisk together the butter, egg, milk and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients until combined.
- Spray a donut pan with nonstick cooking spray. Fill each hole about 3/4 full with the batter.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- To make the glaze, puree the strawberries in a blender until smooth. Push them through a mesh strainer into a bowl. Add the powdered sugar until smooth, then add enough milk to make it a glaze consistency. Add pink food coloring, if desired.
- Dip the warm donuts into the glaze. Set on wax paper to harden. Decorate with sprinkles, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Donut Pans $10 & Up
Blenders $20 & Up
Mesh Strainers $6 & Up
Food Coloring $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.