Easy Apple Pie Doughnuts Recipe Makes Life Sweet on National Doughnut Day by 30Seconds Food
Close your eyes and imagine these apple pie donuts baking in the oven. Can you smell them? Made with applesauce and fresh apple, this donut recipe is heavenly.
Now open your eyes and make it a reality. This easy apple pie doughnuts recipe will bring on the smiles.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup grated apple
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, brown sugar and salt in a bowl. Mix well.
- In another bowl, combine the applesauce, vanilla, egg, milk and grated apple. Mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
- To make the topping, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Use your fingers or a fork to mix until it forms a streusel.
- Fill a greased donut pan with the batter about 2/3 full. Top with the streusel topping.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool the doughnuts a few minutes before removing from the pans.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Donut Pans $9 & Up
Brown Sugar $3 & Up
Cinnamon $3 & Up
Applesauce $2 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.