Easy Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cake Recipe With Sweet Cherry Topping by 30Seconds Food
A moist, yellow cake full of creamy chocolate chips is topped with sweet, tart cherries. Divine! What a wonderful surprise for Valentine's Day – or any day.
The cake is dry yellow cake mix, water, sour cream, melted butter, an gg and chocolate chips. The batter is baked in a square cake pan for about 25 minutes. The simple topping is just cherry pie filling. You could make a homemade cherry sauce instead. You could also skip the cherry topping and just serve it plain. It's moist enough to stand on its own!
This easy snack cake recipe is one you'll make over and over again, for a holiday dessert, or anytime you want to make a delicious impression! Store the leftover cake in an airtight container to keep it nice and moist.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 23 to 26 minutes
Total Time: 28 to 31 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 square cake
- 1 2/3 cups dry yellow cake mix (from 1 box yellow cake mix)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling or fresh cherry sauce
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the cake mix, water, sour cream, melted butter and egg in a bowl. With an electric mixer, beat together for about 2 minutes. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour into an 8-inch or 9-inch square cake pan that's been greased and floured.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 23 to 26 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool a few minutes before inverting on a serving plate to cool completely.
- Right before serving, spoon the cherry pie filling over the top.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Square Cake Pans $8 & Up
Yellow Cake Mixes $1 & Up
Cherry Pie Filling $2 & Up
Chocolate Chips $2 & Up
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.