Tasty 20-Minute Taiwanese Three Cup Chicken Recipe (San Bei Ji) by 30Seconds Food
San Bei Ji originates in the Jiangxi province of southern China. This chicken stir-fry recipe is a favorite in Taiwan – probably the most popular and beloved dish.
Serve this easy three cup chicken recipe with rice or noodles. You could substitute chicken breast for the chicken thighs, though they do dry out fast, so watch cooking times.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2-inch piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Shaoxing wine
- 1/3 cup Thai basil leaves
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the ginger and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the chicken and cook until almost cooked through and browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, dark soy sauce and wine. Stir, cover, reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Toss in the basil leaves and cook about 1 more minute.
Note: You could mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water to make a slurry to thicken the sauce if it's too thin for your liking.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.