Popped Quinoa Almond Bark Candy Recipe: You Won't Believe This Wholesome Candy Recipe Is Vegan by Catherine Gill, The Dirty Vegan
Popped quinoa? Yes, please. Especially if you put it into this easy vegan almond bark candy recipe. You can wrap candy bark pieces in waxed paper and store in the refrigerator for about one week. It makes for a great gift!
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 1 hour to chill
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes plus 1 hour to chill
Servings: 12 to 15
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry quinoa
- 3 cups vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vegan milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
Here's how to make it:
- In a medium-sized saucepan on medium heat, heat olive oil and add quinoa. Stir quinoa frequently until all quinoa has popped and transfer to a bowl to cool and set aside.
- Line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large saucepan, combine chocolate chips, coconut oil, maple syrup, milk, almond extract and vanilla. Stir constantly until melted and well combined.
- Quickly transfer chocolate mixture to the lined baking sheet. Spread evenly then top with almonds and sea salt.
- Allow to cool and set in refrigerator, for about an hour or longer. Once set, break up into pieces of various shapes and sizes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.