Quinoa Salad Recipe With Chickpeas in a Roasted Green Onion Vinaigrette: Healthy Eating Never Tasted So Good by 30Seconds Food
If you're trying out the Mediterranean diet or just want to include more grains and vegetarian meals into your diet plan, this easy grain salad recipe will work for you. It is so tasty with a roasted green onion dressing poured over healthy quinoa and chickpeas. If you to add a protein, a grilled chicken breast or shrimp would be delicious. You could also add more fresh veggies into the mix, like chopped red onion, broccoli, zucchini or red bell pepper.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 bunches green onions, ends trimmed
- 1/3 cup olive oil plus 2 tablespoons (divided)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic
Here's how to make it:
- To make the dressing, put the green onions onto a baking sheet and drizzle with the 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in a preheated 450-degree F oven until they begin to char, about 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer the onions into a blender. Add the lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt and pepper, to taste. Pulse to combine. With the motor running, slowly start drizzling in the 1/3 cup olive oil. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Put the quinoa and chickpeas into a bowl. Pour in the dressing and toss to coat.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.