Dijon Salmon Cakes Recipe With Arugula, Lemon & Capers: A Healthy 15-Minute Salmon Patties Recipe by Sarah Amona
Cheesy salmon patties are amazing, but if you're trying to eat healthier, here's a salmon cakes recipe for you. This easy, healthy salmon patties recipe is seasoned with lemon, Dijon and horseradish and served with a fresh arugula salad dressed with lemon and capers. Dinner is ready in 15 minutes!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 1 to 2
- 10 ounces boneless, skinless pink salmon, drained
- 2 teaspoons minced green onion (green and white parts)
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 1/2 teaspoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon wheat germ
- 3 tablespoons diced celery
- 1/2 teaspoons capers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups baby arugula
Here's how to make it:
- Using a fork, combine the salmon, green onions, lemon zest, yogurt, mustard, horseradish, wheat germ and celery in a bowl. Mix well.
- Mix the capers and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Add the arugula and toss to coat. Transfer to a serving plate, forming a bed of the arugula mixture. Set aside
- Coat a medium nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat about 1 minute.
- Divide the salmon mixture into two round patties, each 1/2-inch thick. Reduce the heat to low and add the patties to the skillet. Cook 2 minutes per side, then flip and cook 1 minute more or until heated through and lightly browned. Place on top of the reserved arugula mixture.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pink Salmon $2 & Up
Prepared Horseradish $3 & Up
Capers $3 & Up
Dijon Mustard $2 & Up
Nonstick Cooking Spray $3 & Up
Wheat Germ $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.