5-Ingredient Salsa Chicken Recipe: This Easy Slow-Cooker Mexican Chicken Recipe Is so Versatile by Ann Marie G.H. Patitucci
Slow-cooker salsa chicken is a versatile, easy recipe perfect for busy families. There are countless ways to serve this dish, including kid-friendly options. I suggest serving the chicken over rice or using it in chicken tacos – these are my family favorites. You could also make quesadillas, taco salads and more.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours (low) or 6 to 8 hours (high)
Total Time: 3 hours (low) or 6 to 8 hours (high)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa, mild or medium depending on your preference
- 1/2 packet low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 fresh lime
- 1 can (16 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded taco cheese
- shredded lettuce
- additional taco toppings, as desired
Here's how to make it:
- Arrange chicken in slow cooker. Sprinkle with 1/2 packet of taco seasoning.
- Pour salsa over seasoned chicken. Add drained and rinsed black beans. Stir salsa and beans until they’re combined and spread evenly over the chicken. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Shred the chicken (I use two forks). Serve over rice or use shredded chicken to make tacos. Serve with lime wedges.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Slow Cookers $20 & Up
Low-Sodium Taco Seasoning $1 & Up
Salsa $2 & Up
Black Beans $2 & Up
Flour Tortillas $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.