Crispy Hash Browns Recipe: Easy Hash Browns Potato Recipe Is the Ultimate Breakfast, Brunch or Dinner Side Dish by 30Seconds Food
Nothing makes breakfast, brunch or even dinner special like hash browns (sometimes called hashed browns). This easy hash browns recipe has just one ingredient: potatoes! Cooked right, that's all you need.
Adjust the cooking time on this easy hash brown recipe to make them soft or crispy. If you're a crispy fan, press on the potatoes as they cook with a spatula to achieve ultimate crispiness.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3 large russet potatoes, washed (peel or leave the skin on)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
Here's how to make them:
- Shred the potatoes using a cheese grater and put them into a bowl of water. Swish in the water a few times and drain. Put the potatoes into a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out as much water as you can.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the potatoes to the skillet and spread so they are in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook about 4 to 5 minutes without stirring. Use a spatula and flip the potatoes over. Cook another 4 minutes or until potatoes are browned and crispy.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Box Cheese Grater $8 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.